Find all the health measures implemented in "Essential Information" lower left on this page.
>> Discover also our guided tour during opening hours
With the help of a tour guide, explore the Palais Garnier after the venue has been closed to the public. You’ll hear the stories and myths that surround the Opera in a silent atmosphere that adds to the sense of mystery.
Your guide will explain the history of these grandiose premises via the story of Erik, the famous Phantom of the Opera in the novel by Gaston Leroux. Your tour will enable you to immerse yourself in the fantastic atmosphere of the novel, exploring the space and appreciating the architectural beauty of the location. Over the course of your visit, you’ll experience the building’s history with all its many twists and turns, from the decline of the Great Hall through to the diabolical traps created by the Machiavellian Phantom of the Opera, all beneath the watchful eye of the Angel of Music.
The tour will also give you the chance to appreciate the majestic spaces inside the Palais Garnier, where you will wander past the Fountain of Pythia, take the grand staircases and complement the immense and richly decorated nave. After this, you’ll experience the grand Foyer and the Glacier Rotunda, all at a time of day that offers a rare and welcome sense of peace. Finally, the highlight of the show comes in the form of your admission to Lodge Number 5, home to the Phantom of the Opera, the embodiment of all the mysteries to be found in a destination that is dripping with history! Please note that behind-the-scenes visits are not included in this tour.
You may or may not be able to access the Great Hall, depending on the activities and rehearsals that are scheduled by the Opera.
Health and safety measures related to COVID 19:
A valid Health Pass (Pass Sanitaire) and an ID document will be required (from September 30th for visitors between 12 and 17 y.o.) :
• Completion of a full vaccination scheme (7 days after 2nd injection for Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca / 4 weeks after the only injection for Johnson&Johnson / 7 days after the only injection for people who previously got Covid)
• A negative RT-PCR or antigenic test from less than 48 hours
• A positive RT-PCR test result demonstrating recovery from Covid-19, at least 11 days old and less than 6 months old
The Health Pass can be printed or showed on the tousanticovid app. The measure doesn't apply to visitors under 12 y.o.
- Headphones are not available in this situation.
- Bottles of hydroalcoholic gel with dedicated signage are placed at the entrance and contact points. The tour circuit is designed to respect a one-way traffic flow.
- Wearing a mask (not provided) is compulsory for visitors over 11 years old (school groups : from 6 y.o.).
- A body temperature scan is mandatory to access the Palais Garnier. Above 38°C, access will be denied.
- PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE VIGIPIRATE CHECK, PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MIN BEFORE THE TIME OF YOUR VISIT.
- For security reasons, no luggage lockers are available at the Opera.
- This visit does not include the backstage tour of the Palais Garnier (Premium offer from the Palais Garnier).
- As the Palais Garnier is a performance venue, for artistic or technical reasons, we cannot always guarantee access to the auditorium.
Mes filles étaient ravies » more
Notre guide, Laurence, nous a permis de découvrir toute la beauté de ce palais, dans un superbe état de conservation, et... » more
- Opera Garnier
- 1, rue Auber
- 75009 Paris
- Métro : Opéra (L3, L7, L8), Auber (RER A)
- Bus : 21, 22, 27, 29, 42, 53, 66, 68, 81, 95
- Disabled access
- Bar inside
- Taxi stand