Find all the health measures implemented in "Essential Information" lower left on this page.
>> Discover also our guided tour after opening hours
Just like the audiences of the past, you’ll enter the Palais Garnier via the Members’ Rotunda, where you will discover the architect’s signature design and the arabesque decorations of the ceiling. Your guide will then explain the building’s history with all the twists and turns that have led to the construction of the palace in its current form for us to admire today.
You will then pass in front of the fascinating statue of Pythia before reaching the Grand Staircase, the pinnacle of high society, where the audience paraded themselves in their finery before taking their seat in the auditorium. You’ll be impressed by the volume and the height of the nave as you take the opportunity to contemplate Charles Garnier’s ornamentation. Your guide will draw your attention to the materials used in his grandiose décor: marble, onyx, copper, mosaic, gold leaf, stucco and metal frames as well as paintings and sculptures.
Your tour will then continue in the Grand Foyer. This majestic location is lined with mirrors and large bay windows, with the space overlooking the Avenue de l’Opéra and the district’s Haussmann-style 19th century architecture, which itself is inspired by châteaux of the French Renaissance. Finally, your tour guide will take you to the Glacier Rotunda, which was completed at a later date than the rest of the Palace, with a Belle Époque aesthetic with décor that recalls the social and artistic events of the room’s past.
With its many sculptures and paintings, the Palais Garnier operates both as a museum and as a theatre at once.
Conditions tarif réduitLe tarif réduit correspond au tarif accompagnateur pour les scolaires..
Health and safety measures related to COVID 19:
A valid Health Pass (Pass Sanitaire) and an ID document will be required (from September 30th for visitors between 12 and 17 y.o.) :
• Completion of a full vaccination scheme (7 days after 2nd injection for Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca / 4 weeks after the only injection for Johnson&Johnson / 7 days after the only injection for people who previously got Covid)
• A negative RT-PCR or antigenic test from less than 48 hours
• A positive RT-PCR test result demonstrating recovery from Covid-19, at least 11 days old and less than 6 months old
The Health Pass can be printed or showed on the tousanticovid app. The measure doesn't apply to visitors under 12 y.o.
- Headphones are not available in this situation.
- Bottles of hydroalcoholic gel with dedicated signage are placed at the entrance and contact points. The tour circuit is designed to respect a one-way traffic flow.
- Wearing a mask (not provided) is compulsory for visitors over 11 years old (school groups : from 6 y.o.).
- A body temperature scan is mandatory to access the Palais Garnier. Above 38°C, access will be denied.
- Doors open at 10.00. PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE VIGIPIRATE CHECK, PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MIN BEFORE THE TIME OF YOUR VISIT.
- For security reasons, no luggage lockers are available at the Opera.
- This visit does not include the backstage tour of the Palais Garnier (Premium offer from the Palais Garnier).
- As the Palais Garnier is a performance venue, for artistic or technical reasons, we cannot always guarantee access to the auditorium.
- Opera Garnier
- 1, rue Auber
- 75009 Paris
- Métro : Opéra (L3, L7, L8), Auber (RER A)
- Bus : 21, 22, 27, 29, 42, 53, 66, 68, 81, 95
- Disabled access
- Bar inside
- Taxi stand