14th July 1789 saw the dawn of one of the most important days in the history of Paris.
We invite you to meet Maxime Delavoie, a real Parisian from 1789, and relive that legendary day in French history with him.
It's the morning of July 14th, and whilst the crowds are becoming more and more restless in the Fossé Saint-Antoine, Maxime has a rendezvous with a mysterious conspirator. He is given a hugely important mission: to free a prisoner from the most famous of the royal prisons, the Bastille fortress.
Maxime contacts you and asks you to help him mount an assault on the fortress.
Your mission: follow his steps back through time and to solve the riddles, thus enabling him to organize the escape.
As you lead the way for Maxime, you will soon be caught up in the excitement of the day and you will experience the fall of Bastille, step by step through his eyes.
You will be equipped with a handbook comprising an old map and all the information you need to find your way around the streets of the time.
Throughout your journey you will travel along passages, some of them secret, involving the phantom of Bastille prison. What remains of them today will become clear as your quest advances.
You'll come across a whole range of emblematic characters: artisans, labourers, rioters, conscripts, soldiers, looters... but will they fight you or will they aid you in your quest?
This fun adventure from times gone by will reveal everything about this turning point in The French Revolution.
From the first rumblings of discontent to the final assault, you will discover step-by-step all the events and the players that finally brought down this most symbolic of French prisons.
>> See our offers Treasures Hunt
Wearing a mask (not provided) is recommended but not compulsory.
- Please bring your own pen.
- Meeting point : Jardin de l'Arsenal (Metro Bastille - Exit 4)
- This is an outdoor visit. In case of bad weather, Cultival may postpone the visit.
- Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Not recommended for children under 8.
- Teams of 4/5 people will be done, depending on the size of the group.
- The investigation lasts for about 2 hours (average) . A facilitator will welcome you at the beginning of the investigation to give you the instructions and will participate at the end to identify the winner team.
Grâce à notre guide Aurélien, nous avons passé un super moment. La visite-enquête est très bien construite, et cela nous permet de découvrir le quartier de... » more
- Parisian Districts- Treasure Hunt
- 75000 Paris