Find all the health measures implemented in "Essential Information" lower left on this page.
Unaccompanied tour of the Musée des arts et métiers with speaking fee (tickets not included)
Located in the heart of Paris, just a few steps from Les Halles and the Marais district, the Musée des Arts et Métiers is an extraordinary place that is steeped in history and brimming with surprises.
Opened in 1794, this amazing museum, which is attached to the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers, is one of the leading places of exhibition for technical and industrial history. With constant additions since it opened, it enables visitors to discover its incredible collections, both in terms of the quantity of objects it shelters (almost 100,000!) and the scope of the subjects presented, organised around seven main themes.
The museum is an invitation to discovery that leads visitors through wonderful spaces, including the stunning church of Saint-Martin-des-Champs where the airplane Blériot flew across the English Channel in 1909 is suspended, or the Automaton Theatre that highlights those disconcerting characters that were so popular at the end of the nineteenth century.
The inventors of the past few centuries hold the place of honour; a discovery of their creations and their historical context allows visitors to grasp the inventiveness, the imagination but also sometimes the fearlessness of the visionaries to whom we owe the fundamentals of so much of our current technology!
Between unusual objects and key inventions in the progress of industry and technology, this museum offers the public a fascinating experience: in addition to the acquisition of knowledge, young and old alike will go away with the memory of a magical experience, in a place that is both historical and timeless.
>> Discover our guided tour of the Musée des arts et métiers
- For visitors over 12 years old, a valid Health Pass (Pass Sanitaire) and an ID document will be required. To get information about the Pass Sanitaire, please refer to the French Government website or the Ministry for Europe and Foreign affairs website.
The Health Pass can be printed or showed on the tousanticovid app. The measure doesn't apply to visitors under 12 y.o.
- The Musée des arts et métiers and the Cultival teams wish to offer you a safe, warm welcome and guarantee respect for physical distancing and protective measures to ensure your peace of mind.
- All contact points are cleaned regularly, and bottles of hydroalcoholic gel with dedicated signage are placed at the entrance and contact points.
- For everyone's safety, the Musée des arts et métiers staff will be wearing masks.
- Wearing a mask (not provided) is compulsory for visitors over 11 years old
- Following the one-way traffic flow is mandatory
Access to the Museum :
- Museum closed Mondays
- Speaking fee included
- Purchase of a speaking fee does not include the price of entry to the permanent exhibition: this must be purchased on the day of the tour.
- Entry to the permanent exhibition is free on the first Sunday of each month, and on Friday evenings between 6pm and 9pm
- Musée des arts et métiers
- 60 rue Réaumur
- 75003 Paris
- Métro : Arts et Métiers (ligne 3)
- Bar inside